How Can You Help?
The goal of Kids 4 Seals.org is to
get kids to play an active role in helping
to end the Canadian Harp seal slaughter.
We will give you the information on the Canadian
Harp Seal slaughter.
There are several things you can do, whether you're
at home or in school...
Home You Can:
1) Learn the Facts About the Seal Hunt
The best place to learn about the Canadian seal hunt
is by checking out the pages of Harpseals.org.
Other informational websites include:
(Humane Society of United States)
(Sea Shepherd Conservation Society)
(International Fund for Animal Welfare)
Alliance of Calnada (Environment Voters)
2) Tell Your Friends and Network with New Friends
* Network with other kids around the world to work
on anti seal hunt projects... Join the MySpace seal community,
start your own MySpace page and post information about
* Access chatrooms, web blogs, and instant messenger
services that talk about the plight of the seals.
3) BOYCOTT CANADIAN SEAFOOD!
* Join the BOYCOTT and spread the word about the seals
best strategy to stop the killing: the
Canadian Seafood Boycott.
Learn how and why it works. The more you understand,
the more you can help.
4) Write Letters & Emails
* Write letters of opposition and OPPOSE the right adults
(politicians, newpapers, fur companies, Canadian seafood
distributers, etc.) who are involved in the killing of
seals and tell them why we oppose what they are doing. Click
here to learn more about this letter writing campaign.
* Write letters of support and SUPPORT the right adults
(politicians, sympathetic sealers, media, and restaurants
and seafood distributers) who are involved in helping
to STOP the slaughter.
School You Can:
1) Raise awareness for the seals in a variety of ways.
Creativity knows no boundaries and there are countless
projects your school can participate in.
* Urge your teacher to start a class seal project -
Check out the gallery of school
* Have fun with "seal art" and other crafts
and projects and stage a future online art contest.
* ROCK OUT FOR THE
SEALS by making and distributing our
already famous Seal Rocks.
* Download flyers and cards from our tool kit (click here)
2) Raise money for the seals so we can continue to spread
the word with a major multi- media campaign! (Billboards,
TV, Radio, magazines, etc.)
* Organize benefit concerts, talent shows, raffles,
seal games, and contests.
Lots more information and more ideas will be posted here
soon as the students and teachers start putting their
minds to the task!